We teach all years. Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 all have one lesson a week, whereas Year 11 have 2 lessons a week. Years 12 & 13 studying A-level have one lesson each day.
The Information and Communication Technology Department recognises the need to be adaptable in an ever-changing environment.
- Familiarise students with Information and Communication Technology and to establish user confidence
- Develop, maintain and stimulate students’ curiosity, interest, enjoyment and success in Information and Communication Technology
- Promote awareness of the uses of Information and Communication Technology across the broad spectrum of life
- Be aware of and recognise the limitations of Information and Communication Technology and its appropriate uses
- Give students the opportunity to use Information and Communication Technology to develop skills and knowledge that enables them to continue learning throughout their lives
- Give students the opportunity to access and interact with the global community
- Promote understanding of the use of Information and Communication Technology in other subjects
As we live in a world of constant change, the department tries to implement the best changes for the future. This often means trying new ideas, techniques and equipment at relatively short notice. This enables us to provide the best possible opportunities for the students. We attempt to provide a learning environment where the student will be able to adapt and adopt new ideas that will help them throughout the rest of their lives.
Therefore the ICT Department has to be flexible and the members of staff have to be ready to implement new technologies and improvise when technologies fail.
New Computing Key Stage 3 Assessment can be found here.